Carved out from Andhra Pradesh on June 2, 2014, Telangana is the newest state of India. It is landlocked state located in the southern part of India. As shown on the given Telangana Map, it shares its boundary with Maharashtra in north, Karnataka in the west, Andhra Pradesh in the south and east, Odisha in the east, and Chhattisgarh in the north-east. At present, Hyderabad is the common capital of both of the states Telangana and Andhra Pradesh.
Geographically, the state has an area of about 114,840 sq. km. that covers large part of Deccan Plateau. The state has two major rivers namely Godavari and Krishna Rivers. Besides, there are many other minor rivers such as Bhima, Musi, Manjira etc. However, most land part of the state is dry. With semi-arid climate, Telangana has less rainfall.
Further, culture and tradition of the state is pretty fascinating because it reflects amalgam of Persian, Nizams, and other south Indian cultures. And, economy of the state depends largely upon agriculture; the important crops are rice, cotton, mango, and tobacco. However, peanuts and sunflowers are also important.
Tourism in Telangana
With having different religious places, monuments, natural landscapes, and rich culture and tradition, Telangana tourism is very much fascinating. Important tourists’ destinations are:
Hyderabad: Major attractions are:
- Birla Mandir: Popular as Sri Venkateshwara Swamy Temple
- Charminar: Heritage site.
- Qutub Shahi Tombs: Popular heritage site.
- Golkonda Fort: Popular heritage fort in Hyderabad.
- Hussain Sagar
- Lumbini Park
- Mecca Masjid
- Mecca masjid
- Nehru zoological park
- Salarjung Msuseum
Adilabad: Major attractions of this place are:
- Basara: Popular for Sri Gnana Saraswati Devi Temple.
- Gudem Gutta: Popular for Sri Sathyanarayana Swamy Temple.
- Jainath: Popular for Lakshmi Narayana Swamy Temple.
- Kadem Dam: Popular dam.
- Kuntala Water Falls
- Pochera Water Falls
Karimnagar: Major attractions are:
Khammam: Major attractions are:
- Dharmapuri: Popular for Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple.
- Elgandal Fort: Popular fort in Karimnagar.
- Kaleshwaram Temple: Popular for Mukuteshwara Swamy Temle.
- Kondagattu: Popular for Anjaneya Swamy Temple.
- Nallagonda Gutta: Popular for Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple.
- Nampally Gutta, Karimnagar: Popular for Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple.
- Vemulawada: Popular for Sri Raja Rajeswara Swamy Temple.
Mahabubnagar: Major attractions are;
- Bhadrachalam: Popular for Seetha Ramachandra Swamy Temple.
- Kinnerasani Dam
Nalgonda: Major attractions are:
- Alampur: Popular for Jogulamba Temple.
- Beechupally Temple: Poplar for Anjaneya Swamy Temple
- Farahabad Tiger Forest
- Gadwal Fort
- Jurala Dam
- Koil Sagar Dam
- Maisigandi Maisamma Temple
- Mallelatheertam Waterfalls
- Manyam Konda Temple
- Saleshwaram Temple
- Uma Maheshwaram Temple
- Medak: Major attractions are:
- Bonthapally: Popular for Veerabhadra Swamy Temple.
- Edupayala: Popular for Vana Durga Bhavani Temple.
- Ismailkhanpet: Popular for Sapta Prakaryuta Bhavani Temple.
- Jharasangam: Popular for Sri Kethaki Sangameshwara Swamy.
- Kalpagoor: Popular for Kasi Visweahwara Temple.
- Medak Church
- Nacharam Gutta: Popular for Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple.
- Wargal: Popular for Vidya Saraswathi Kshetram.
Nizamabad: Major attractions are:
- Bhuvanagiri Fort
- Devarakonda Fort
- Kolanpaka: Popular for Jain Mandir & Someshwara Swamy Temple.
- Nagarjna Sagar
- Panagal: Popular for Chaya Someshwara Swamy Temple.
- Pillalamarri: Popular for Lord Shiva Temple.
- Surendrapuri: Popular for Panchamukha Hanuman Temple.
- Yadagiri Gutta: Popular for Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple.
- Zaffergadh: Popular for Sri Velpugonda Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy Temple.
Rangareddy: Major attractions are:
- Ali Sagar
- Bada Pahad Dargha
- Dichpally Ramalayam
- Kanteshwara Temple
- Nizam Sagar Dam
Warangal: Major attractions are:
- Chilkur Balaji Temple
- Karmanghat Hanuman Temple
- Keesara Gutta Temple
- Maheshwaram Temple: Dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Mount Opera: Popular for the park and resort.
- Ramoji Film City : One of the biggest film studio complexes in India.
- Ratnalayam Temple
- Sanghi Temple
National Parks and Sanctuaries
- Bhadrakali Temple
- Komuravelli Temple
- Laknavaram Lake
- MEDARAM Temple
- Pakhal Lake
- Ramappa Temple
- Thousand Pillars Temple
- Warangal Fort
- Kasu Brahmananda Reddy National Park: Located in Hyderabad district.
- Mahavir Harina Vanasthali National Park: Located in Ranga Reddy district.
- Mrugavani National Park: Located in Ranga Reddy district.
- Eturunagaram Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Warangal district.
- Pakhal Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Warangal District
- Kawal Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Adilabad district.
- Pranahita Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Adilabad district.
- Kinnerasani Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Khammam district.
- Manjira Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Medak district.
- Nagarjunsagar-Srisailam Tiger Reserve: Located in Nalgonda and Mahbubnagar districts.
- Pocharam Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Medak and Nizamabad districts.
- Shivaram Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Karimnagar district.
- Siwaram Wildlife Sanctuary: Located in Adilabad and Karimnagar districts.
| Telangana Road Map
| Telangana Thematic Map
| Telangana Outline Map
| Telangana Location Map
| Telangana Railway Map
| Telangana River Map