|Major Attractions of Sikkim Tourism
Gangtok: Located at an altitude of 1,780 meters, Gangtok is the capital of Sikkim. Gangtok is a wonderful hill station with spectacular landscape. Significant tourists’ attractions of the city are waterfall, ropeway, Monastery, MG Market etc.
Tsango Lake: It is located at the altitude of about 3,780 meters on the highway of Gangtok and Nathula Pass. Tsango Lake has spectacular view and scenic landscapes. In local language, Tsango Lake means – ‘the source of Lake.’ This lake remains frozen more than 5 months of the year.
Nathula Pass: It is located at the altitude of 4,392 meters on eastern Himalayan range. It is known because it was one of the earliest trade routes of India. That route was popular as silk trading route. It is the one of the most preferred tourists’ point in Sikkim.
Rumtek Monastery: The place is the seat of 16th Gyalwa Karmapa Lama Kagyu, which is one of the 4 significant Tibetan Buddhist sects. It is also enshrined unique religious scriptures and other sacred books.
Fambong Lho Wildlife Sanctuary: It is located at the altitude of about 2,121 meters on the eastern Himalayan range. Fambong Lho Wildlife Sanctuary has unique flora and fauna located merely at the distance of 20 kms from Gangtok. Significant animals are Himalayan Black Bear, Red Panda, Civet Cat etc.
Yuksom: It is located in the western part of Sikkim. Yuksom is thrilling place because from this place, the trekking route to Dzongri and the base camp of the Kanchenjunga Mountain begins.
Pelling: It is located at the distance of about 118 km from Gangtok. Pelling is popular for its wonderful landscapes; however, major attractions are Pemayangtse Monastery, scenic landscapes, market of local handcrafts and other products etc.
Lachung: It is located at the distance of 115 km from Gangtok. Though, Lachung is a small village, but it is popular for ‘Yumthung Valley’ and scenic landscapes.
Versey: It is located at the altitude of about 3,000 meters. This place is popular for its Mountain View.Rhododendron Sanctuary is also attractions for the tourists.
Ravangla: It is located at the altitude of about 2,122 meters near the base of Menam Hill. This place has many tourists’ attractions including monastery, cave, Menam Wildlife Sanctuary etc.
Other Tourists’ Attractions Are:
Adventure Tourism in Sikkim
- Samdrupste (South District)
- Solophok (South District)
- Solophok Buddha Park (Sakyamuni Project) (South District)
- Buddha Park (Sakyamuni Project) (South District)
- Dentam Sombaria (West District)
- Sombaria Gyalshing (West District)
- Gyalshing Legship (West District)
- Legship Tashiding (West District)
- Tashiding Uttarey (West District)
- Uttarey Rinchenpong (West District)
- Jurassic Park, Rakdong Tinten Assam Lingzey to Khedi Trek Route (East District)
- Assam Lingzey to Khedi Trek Route Village Tourism, Tumin (East District)
- Village Tourism, Tumin Village Tourism, Tumin (East District)
- Banjhakri Falls Khangchendzonga Tourist Villa (East District)
- Mangan (North District)
- Mangan Chungthang (North District)
- Chungthang Dzongu (North District)
- Dzongu Lachung (North District)
- Lachung Singhik (North District)
- Singhik Lachen (North District)
Sikkim has various thrilling adventure tourism such as:
- Mountaineering in Sikkim
- Trekking in Sikkim
- River Rafting in Sikkim
- Mountain Biking in Sikkim
- Hang Gliding in Sikkim
- Yak Safari